SurfBlog

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Whale Lovin'

Session: 17
Date: Wednesday, 5/25/05
Places: Montara (South end); Linda Mar (North end)
Time: 5:30PM to 8:30PM
Waves: Not that great, some OK ones
Stokemeter: 4

After work I went straight over to HMB. Jetty wasn’t breaking at all. Montara looked ok, but not that great. Kept going north. Grey Whale Cove looked ok, but I really wasn’t too keen on the idea of being the only guy out. For some reason I was spooked a little today. Ah, yeah, I remember, the reason was because it was humpback whale mating day, and when I was watching at Montara I saw about 4 of them only about 100 yards off shore mating like crazy. They were constantly flipping over and sticking their fins out and moving around – it was pretty remarkable, but it freaked me out a bit when I kept seeing these huge fins coming out of the water – just made me think about what other huge things might be swimming around in the darkness under my feet. So I kept going further. Linda Mar looked OK, but it was crowded. Rockaway looked awful, nobody was surfing it and it wasn’t clean at all. So I turned around. Drove back past Linda Mar. Drove back past Grey Whale Cove. Went to Montara. Went out at the south end of the beach, there were 2 other people down about 100 yards to the north. Waves at the south end were pretty strange – they jacked up pretty fast and were surprisingly powerful. Not to mention the water was FREEZING. I was getting ice-cream headaches on just regular old duckdives. Everytime! After trying to surf for about 30 minutes, I saw the two people go in. Sitting by myself I got pretty freaked out, so I went in too. Just didn’t feel right. I still had some time so I drove back up to Linda Mar. There was certainly a crowd there so I wouldn’t have to worry about feeling alone. I went out at the North end and caught some good rides, but I think I was still a bit messed up and my surfing wasn’t very good. I caught one nice wave and rode it well, but that was about it. I even wiped out on a few good ones that I easily should have had. Some days you just aren’t quite on as much as others, I suppose.

I then drove straight home in my wetsuit because I was cold and didn’t want to have to change outside in the wind. Got in the shower and made it super hot, now that’s a great place to take off your wetsuit.

This weekend could provide some good surfing, if I stay in town. I’ll keep y’all posted. Signing off – Blaze.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, sounds like that day in Santa Cruz when we were the only two out, Freaky!!

Let's go somewhere different this weekend to surf, what you think there Blaze?

8:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot blubber love!

10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Sufficient assist border of refus found a state turns animal of [url=http://www.newzfor.me/images/jqTransform/cheapnikejordans.aspx]cheap air jordan shoes for sale[/url] meeting proof demon explain the flower is troubled by FIFA
DeluobaWithExplain flowerTurn because of this between whether can you meet be immersed in a long-term seesaw battle? Look now, exist this kind is likely. After announcing to add Ladasalei with joining in personally freely, the dispute between Deluoba and Shen Huazhi did not end at this point, the message says, delegate lawyer of Deluoba has appealed to Shen Huashen to international sufficient couplet, cause is explain the individual pay that spends a respect to default 3 months above. Meanwhile, explain the flower also carries government-owned network, announce those who pull Dasalei to alliance adds Deluobajia turn can trade existence violates compasses act, also claim to will counterpoise through FIFA dimension likewise. At present explain the flower has handed in relevant data to China sufficient assist. Reporter today from China sufficient assist concerned personage place understands, china is sufficient assist had accepted explain the relevant data that the flower hands in, express, be afraid temporarily still cannot issue international to turn to Deluoba meeting proof. "From our angle, if nonexistent issue, we can open international to turn of course meeting proof. Since the club has appeal,do not pass, we are met for certain make judgement according to the appeal material of the club. " on Feburary 1 in the evening, a China is sufficient assist relevant personage tells a reporter: "Arrive at least till now, in light of the appeal data that receives from us, explain the reason that beautiful appeal has its oneself for certain. Because this is afraid temporarily,still do not have a law to issue international to turn to Deluoba meeting proof. Of course, likelihood Deluoba joins in suddenly with free body Jialadasalei, his group also can have its sufficient judgement for certain. From us for can do only according to existing relevant regulations system, if be put in difference, that China is sufficient assist this also can hand in to international sufficient couplet to adjudicate on only. That China is sufficient assist this also can hand in to international sufficient couplet to adjudicate on only.. Reporter subsequently also Xiang Shenhua respect understands a situation, to at present this is planted circumstance, explain beautiful respect also expresses special regret, because be asked at the outset,Deluobajia exceeds in alliance, explain beautiful no matter manpower, financial capacity is really devoted not small, do not hope final both sides is troubled by so that part on bad terms really. "Put in a few difference really now, the likelihood is bilateral a little different on the understanding of contract details, just had present case so. " an in-house personage tells a reporter: "We studied a contract seriously, think we do not have the place of break a contact, deluoba is world-class group after one's death, they also have their basis probably. Since everybody cannot be reached,agree, so flat give FIFA goes arbitrating, see final result how. " (Sohu sports)(responsibility edits: Happy-go-lucky)

8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home