SurfBlog

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pau-Hana Rockaway

Session: 13
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2005
Place: Rockaway Beach, Pacifica
Time: After work β€˜til 7:30
Waves: Good, fun, up to head high
Stokemeter: 8


After work drove up the coast looking at spots, got all the way to Rockaway and was glad I went that far. 1 guy was out there when I first showed up, sort of. He was a kayaker and he was trying to get out past the shore-break but he just kept on getting hit and washed back up the sand. Anyway he never did make it out to the waves. I went out and the waves were good. Really fun, had decent take-offs and a nice wall going along to my right. Occasionally I rode a wave in a bit too far and got tossed into the sand – hello shore-break. It never got crowded, never more than 2 other guys out with me at a time. Everyone was friendly too, so it was a good session. I was the 7’2” Cino and it is a fun board to ride. If Rockaway can stay this good for the summer then I will have a great place to go surf after work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean the gang of Five wasn't there to drop in on you every wave? Must have been relaxing for you!

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home