SurfBlog

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm Back! New Home, New Sessions!

NOTE: I have been busy the last couple weeks with a move to a new home in SF. As a result I have been seriously slacking on my surfblog postings. So seriously slacking that the last few sessions have become a bit jumbled in my memory. But I will do my best to re-create – here goes.

On another note, I finally have a place to call my own. I recommend everyone spend 3 months living out of their car and crashing at friend’s places – only after living the nomad life will one truly appreciate having a real home – with a bed, and places to put things, and some space to spread out, and a door to close for privacy…ah, no more dining room for Joel! The place is nice – for anyone interested in Keyholing it or coming over or anything else - the address is 1243A 14th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122.

Now let’s get out in the water…

Session: 11
Date: Sunday, 4/24/05
Place: Montara
Time: 2 or so, until about 4 or 5 (Beautiful Weather!)
Waves: Pretty good, some around shoulder high maybe
Stokemeter: 8


This was a very beautiful day. No wind, no clouds, nice blue water, a pretty secluded beach, not many people, and pretty good waves. I went to Montara with Nic and Mike, and it was very smooth, calm, and peaceful. We surfed in the middle area, along with no more than a couple other guys. There were a decent amount of waves, and since I was riding Nic’s longboard I was able to gobble up more than my fair share. A couple of them produced very memorable rides, on which I felt good and (according to Nic) looked good too. I once again enjoyed riding the longboard and felt really good on it. I am considering having Vernor custom-shape me something similar. I went into Aqua Surf Shop in SF a bit ago and they quoted me at about $470 – not bad for a brand new custom longboard – especially considering how hard they are to find around here with newbies snapping them up like they’re made of pure gold. I bet I could buy it for $470, surf it for a year and take good care of it, and turn around and sell it on Craigslist for I bet $350 or more. This was a very enjoyable session and a beautiful day – creating the nice high stokemeter of 8. If only the weather (and the waves) would cooperate so much everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home